Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bad Weather & 50 Days.

It was a rainy weekend here in H-town. I didn't mind it for the first half a day but once it decided to drag into Sunday and into Sunday night, I have to admit I became a bit stir crazy. Addie stood at the back door (apparently unaware there was a monsoon going on on the other side of the door) and whining "shooooooes on! shooooooes on!"


It was time to get creative up in here.

We started with the bubble blower, bringing it in off the porch and into the middle of the living room. Now most would have seen this as a soapy, slipping hazard on our tile floor but not us, folks. No, WE LIVE ON THE EDGE.





On Sunday when there was still no sun in sight it was time to bring out the big guns. Or what I like to call The Best $14 I Ever Spent. I had purchased it at Hobby Lobby the week before anticipating the rain. It is a little cardboard playhouse that you put together and then the kiddo can color all over it with marker, crayons etc. It was a hit. I even got SO bored that I got to work when Jason was giving Addie a bath and she emerged to a suprise cardboard cottage makeover:


Electricity and indoor/outdoor carpet! I snapped this photo just as she was exclaiming, "WHAT?" Can you tell I miss my Etsy shop and am looking for other ways to channel my creative juices? *smacks forehead*

The sweetest moment of the weekend was brought to me by my husband. He came home from work on Friday with this:



I was just so surprised. Not only did he get a sign printed up to match my business cards but then got it custom framed. I don't know if you can tell but the thing is huge. I cannot wait to get it hung up in my studio. I really miss working, I know I am doing the right thing by taking a break as I have been feeling MUCH better in the pregnancy department but I cannot wait to get back to it. I plan on spending my off time getting things in my studio reorganized as well as brainstorming new project ideas.

With that said, 50 more days of baby baking! We hit up Walmart and got a lot more things crossed off the list that we needed for little man. I also scored this cool train depot lamp for only $30:



Pottery Barn can keep their $99 one!  We like a bargain around here. :) I am loving all the tiny details that are coming together, cannot wait to share the whole thing!
Mack, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment