Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Muffin Pimp.

If there is one thing I love, it is the fact we live in an age of convenience. I can buy an entire meal in a bag at the grocery store that just has to be heated up on the stove. I can pay our bills online automatically. Video rentals get delivered by mail. I can buy butter in the spray form. There is a Walmart/Target/CVS on every corner.

Which leads me to the point that some conveniences have kept me from trying certain things. Like, for instance….. things from scratch. Namely, muffins. Well, last night I was feeling wild and thought I would do something unheard of. I placed the premade blueberry muffin mix back on the shelf (GASP!) and I put on my big girl apron.

I can admit that baked goods from scratch that involve “rising” scare the bejesus out of me. Some people fear spiders, snakes, heights. I stress about perfect baking measurements.

To cut to the chase, I found an incredible recipe that was easy (GASP!) and fairly hard to screw up and it was so yummy, I have to pimp it out for all to enjoy.

So I give you:

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.


Lots of love, Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment