Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Big Day.

I packed up the kiddo yesterday and we headed over to Gigi's for a visit. We ordered pizza and chatted and played with Bug down on the floor on her play mat. She kept rolling up on her side like she has been for about 2 weeks now. Jason and I have been working with her and cheering her on to roll over but she hadn't quite been able to throw her hip over yet.

So Gigi and Mom and I are talking to her and encouraging her and she has this intense look of determination in her eye. Than all the sudden she grunts and hoists her hip over and with a few more grunts she is completely flipped and working on pulling her arm out from underneath her. With a little more work she pops her head up and it releases her arm and she has done it! She squealed and pumped her arms and legs in excitement as she loves being on her tummy.

It was such a big and special moment and I was so proud of her and it was so cool that it happened over at Gigi's house. One of my biggest fears is that Addie will be too young when Gigi passes and will not get to know this wonderful woman that is like a mother to me. But now we have this incredible memory and I can tell her about it for years to come so neither of us will forget.

Our big girl has rolled over 5 times since then and today I finally got it on video. What a big day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment