Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

I Love Holiday Traffic.

Friday: Mack's Monday Movie Review: As many of you could have guessed, we went and saw Friday 13th on Friday night. If you like blood spatter, this movie is for you! I was able to overlook the bad screenplay, bad acting and bad musical score because the screen was continuously peppered with pint after pint of the red stuff! Though a definite treat for the eyes, my ears were not as happy as we thought to ourselves, "Who brings a crying baby to a slasher flick at 10:30pm at night?" The people in our zipcode, that's who.

Saturday: Met up with Olivia at the nail salon to get a manicure and a pedicure. February means warm weather in H-town so we must keep our feet out of a tyrannosaurus rex state at all times, since open toe shoe season is 365 days a year. We should get some kind of extra money back on our taxes for this purpose alone. Am I right, ladies?

Sans makeup so cover your eyes if you are easily frightened or if there are small children nearby:


I arrived home to a hubby bustling about the kitchen getting things prepared for dinner. We've opted to stay in for a quiet dinner for Valentine's day every year since really we just want to hang out together and not have to battle the holiday crowds. He made orange-scented grilled lobster tail (impressed!) and we sipped champagne and enjoyed the thunderstorm outside on our back patio.




Check out that tablescape! He even used recycled items from the wedding. It was a proud moment. :)


Sunday: We woke up bright and early at noon (ha!) and got things cleaned up from the night before. I decided to try on my gear I borrowed from Ginny (If you are reading, THANK YOU!) for the ski trip since we are flying out on Wednesday. I'm just a leeeeetle excited, can you tell?

After that we headed to meet Jason's dad, step-mom, her son and two of his friends (in from England for the ski trip) for a Houston Aeros game.

My very first hockey game. Holy crap, it was AWESOME. I really think this might be my sport, people! I became part of the mob screaming for people to beat the crap out of each other and hoping we were lucky enough to see blood shed on the ice. We drank a beer and stomped our feet and watched the throw-back cheerleaders (Are these chicks like the ones that weren't good enough for the Texans and the Rockets squads? I swear one looked like my 2nd Grade homeroom teacher and she certainly didn't have any rhythm. Somebody fill me in here).



Happy Presidents Day!

XOXO,

Mack

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are crackin gme up. Jason outdid himself. How special you are. His lobster crap doesnt have shit on my heart shaped pizza.

    ReplyDelete