Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let Me Know When You Figure Out What THAT Is.

While online finishing up some last minute Christmas shopping I ran across this:


Intrigued by all things Christmas that are new and I haven’t seen before, I checked out the blurb on what the movie is about:

“A reindeer boy named Niko dreams about flying like his father, whom he has never met. Despite suffering from severe vertigo, he sneaks out of his home valley to take flying lessons from Julius, a rare member of a Finnish family of flying squirrels. “

There are so many things wrong with that paragraph, I am not even sure where to start. First of all, what is a "reindeer boy" (is that like a Centaur, but half man, half reindeer?) and why has this poor reindeer boy never met his father? I mean, really. Seems a little depressing, don't you think? They do know kids are watching this, right? Secondly, do kids even know what vertigo is?

And don’t get me started on the “Finnish family of flying squirrels.” You know, because there aren’t enough movies with Finnish flying squirrels in them. *sigh*

I think I’ll stick to A Christmas Carol. I mean, at least Tiny Tim knew who his father was.

1 comment: